Silly question about man page

This ought to be a simple question to answer. I've just created a
package for gcursor (no ITP filed yet). It's a binary executable in
/usr/bin so it needs a man-page. However, there is none from upstream,
so I simply left the one generated by dh_make (renamed it to gcursor.1
though) and hoped that things would happen automagically. lintian
complains about the missing man-page, so I add a line in Makefile.am:

 man1_MANS = gcursor.1

and a line to debian/rules to copy the file (inspired by the line for
docbook-to-man):

 build-stamp:  config.status
	cp debian/gcursor.1 gcursor.1

Still no luck though. could someone give some hints on how to get the
man-page to be installed?

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/

Found in comp.lang.scheme:
> What's so great about the lambda calculus?
In a profession plagued by, "when all you have is a hammer, everything
looks like a nail," we get really excited when someone is able to come
along and prove that everything really *is* a nail if lambda is the
hammer.
     -- brlewis@my-deja.com