Re: Searching for the list command to get a bugreport

Michelle Konzack wrote:

> I have gotten with
>
> To:	request@bugs.debian.org
> Body:	index packages <package>
>
> the index of Bugs in a package. Now I like to get a specified
> Bugreport-Number to a <package>.

Use "send <bugnumber>" to get the transcript of a bug, which will
tell you which package the bug is assigned to.  See
<http://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-request> for other commands.

You can also use the web interface at <http://bugs.debian.org/> to
look up bug information.

> And what about Bugs which are not more valid for years ?
>
> I have read Bug-Indexes to some Packages which I am interested
> and found many open bugs which do not more exist, because the
> upstreamversion of the <package> has changed several times with
> correcting the Bugs, but they are not closed in Debian.

If the bug report is no longer valid, it should be closed.  You should
send a message to the bug number, explaining why the bug should be
closed (if this information is not already in the transcript).  The bug
will eventually be closed by its owner.