where do scripts go?

Section 10.4 of the policy discusses scripts but doesn't say where they
belong.

I'm writing a GUI app that displays a list of scanned files and has some
U/I bits to help me choose what folder it goes to, the date associated
with it, &c., and then I press a button and move and rename the file.

The rules for what validating the users input and the actual mechanism
for renaming files is highly site-specific, so I'm going to split out
that logic into a perl script which will communicate with the GUI via
ordinary pipes.  It will not make sense to run this script seperately.
The user will be able to specify an alternate script on the command
line.

Where does this script belong?  /usr/bin, /var/lib/<package>,
/usr/share/<package> ?

This is probably in the policy but I missed it.