Re: RFS: cc65 - Cross development suite for 65xxx processors

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 02:40:51AM -0600, Benjamin Cutler wrote:
>I could pull the compiler out of the package entirely, but one problem with
>that is that it's required to build some of the libraries that come with the
>package. I'd have to make some rather sweeping changes to the upstream
>tarball, removing the non-free bits or the bits that need non-free to build.
>It's possible, but impractical and I'm not totally sure it's worth the
>effort, to be honest. Perhaps you could make some suggestions on how exactly
>to split the free parts out? I have some ideas myself but I'd like to hear
>yours. :)

The upstream tarball shouldn't be changed [0]:

  "... a .orig.tar.gz file that contains the original unmodified source
  in gzip-compressed tar format"

[0] http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/ch-pkg_basics.en.html

>Thanks again for the interest.

Regards,

Anibal Monsalve Salazar
--
 .''`.  Debian GNU/Linux      | Building 28C
: :' :  Free Operating System | Monash University VIC 3800, Australia