Re: On GPG keys and PhilOSC...

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 10:15:07PM -0300, Lucas Wall wrote:
> 	That would be the [1]key signing coordination page.
>
> 					K.
>
> [1] http://nm.debian.org/gpg.php

According to the Applicant's Checklist[1]:

> # The applicant's identity needs to be verified.
>
> This is usually done by having at least one signature on the applicant's
> GPG key from a Debian Developer. If the applicant's location makes it
> impossible to get a key signed by another Debian Developer, a scanned
> photo of their drivers license or passport signed with their GPG key can
> be accepted as an alternative method of identification.

But I don't have a driver's license (since I'd rather walk/commute) nor
a passport (I haven't traveled elsewhere). Are there any other means of
identification (such as a birth certificate or postal ID) that can be
used in lieu of the above mentioned media?

Cheers,
Zakame

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/join/nm-step1

--