Re: RFS: akregator - RSS feed aggregator for KDE

Some preliminary comments as I have not yet had time to look at the
package proper:

- the diff.gz is pretty much empty, it just patches the
debian/changelog. I have not been able to verify if the upstream
tarballs contain debian/* as the files do not seem to be on the sf.net
mirrors yet. From the CVS logs you seem to be part of the development
team, so it might be simpler to have the upstream tarballs drop
debian/* and just include these files in your diff.gz (which doesn't
prevent you from keeping debian/* in the same CVS repository!).

- the package versions look dodgy, as there are 2 dashes
(1.0-beta4-1). Furthermore you are going to run into problems when the
final 1.0 version comes out:

sharky@sharky:~$ dpkg --compare-versions 1.0-beta4-1 lt 1.0-1 && echo
true
sharky@sharky:~$

You might consider labeling the beta versions something like
"0.99+1.0beta4-1".

sharky@sharky:~$ dpkg --compare-versions 0.99+1.0beta4-1 lt 1.0-1 &&
echo true
true
sharky@sharky:~$

Will try to have a look at the packaging itself later today.

Cheers,
Jeremy

--
http://www.jerryweb.org/         : JerryWeb.org