Re: how to force binary package rebuild?

* Mike Williams [Sun, 30 May 2004 20:19:30 +1000]:
> One of my packages (librmagick-ruby) recently stopped working (details left
> intentionally vague).  I believe this was due to a change in one of the
> libraries it depends on.

> In any case, rebuilding against an updated sid install got it working
> again, without any source changes required.  In other words, my source
> package is fine; it's just the i386 binary package that is bogus.

> I suspect that users of my package are going to be hit by this, too.

> Q. Is there an easy way for me for get an updated i386 package into the
>    archive, without incrementing the revision-number?

  mmm, perhaps this is silly but you could do a binary NMU of your own
  package (!). this way, if the package is fine in all arches except
  i386, you would avoid having all others to recompile the package
  (uploading a new source would make this necessary).

  see §5.10.2.1 of the Developers Reference for a little more info.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Proper treatment will cure a cold in seven days, but left to itself, a
cold will hang on for a week.
                -- Darrell Huff