RFNMU: libsql-statement-perl

I have a patch for a critical bug in a minor Debian package, the package
maintainer isn't responding about it.  The package scrawls debug messages
all over stdout when used, apparently due to difference in use of YYDEBUG
between Potato's lex and Sid's.  Please could someone do an NMU for me ?
If I'm wrong in requesting one, how else should I go about getting it
fixed ?

The package is libsql-statement-perl
The bug is http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=162167
The fix is http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi/libsql-statement-perl.diff?bug=162167&msg=12&att=1

I'd really appreciate it, this bug is 18 months old, and makes the
package useless in Debian 3.1.

Thankyou

Nick