Re: How many times run debian/config?

Fabio Tranchitella <kobold@kobold.it> schrieb:

> Hi, I've some problems with debian/config script for my package.. I'm
> not sure about when the script run.
>
> If I install my package with dpkg, it run once, after unpacking...
> But if I install the package with apt-get, it run twice: before the
> unpacking (Preconfiguring package) and after the unpacking (Configuring
> package), [...]
>
> Is it right or I'm missing something?

You have found it right. You also could have read it in
debconf-devel(7). You should also respect Policy 6.2:

,----

`----

> so I have to check if conffiles have already been unpacked
> before trying to modify them.

- The config script isn't really meant to modify anything. You should
  use it to figure out things, and the changes should be done in
  postinst

- You MAY NOT MODIFY CONFFILES IN MAINTAINER SCRIPTS!

Please! read Policy section 10.7, especiall 10.7.3.

Regards, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie