Re: Upload of a new package

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 08:59:32AM +0200, Fabio Tranchitella wrote:
> Hi,
>    I'm the mantainer of phpldapadmin, a web-based tool for managing ldap
> servers. I'm not (yet!) an official Debian developer, so I asked for a
> sponsor. He checked my package and uploaded in the unstable debian
> archive about ten days ago...

So you have to wait on the checks that the ftp master does
on the first upload, before it enters the archive.

Once it is in the archive http://packages.qa.debian.org/PACKAGE
and in this case http://packages.qa.debian.org/phpldapadmin

> - A new minor upstream version is available for the package, my sponsor
>   told me it is better to wait the package enters in unstable before
>   send the new version, because every upload before this happens "reset
>   the timer" and I have to wait more time to see my package in unstable.

That makes sence, no reason to doubt your sponsor (this time :- )

> I'm not in this list, so if you answer please CC me.

You will find your way to mail archive of this list.
A mailinglist works because people are subscribed
and contribute where they can.

> Thanks a lot,
> Fabio.
>
> --
>
> Fabio Tranchitella
>
> <!> kobold.it, Turin, Italy  - Free is better!

Just pay the price for the freedom!

Cheers
Geert Stappers