Re: OT: German police needs your help

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 11:07:47AM +0200, Stephan Brendel wrote:
> i know, this doesn't belong to Debian Mentors, but i believe the
> campaign from the german police needs to be supported.

"I think the importance of my message trumps topicality".  I've heard that
sort of justification before...

You might have gotten away with this if this were a local-area LUG list, or
something like that, but my estimate is that less than 0.01% of the people
subscribed to this list would have the faintest hope of assisting this
search, just based on geographic locality, and that's casting a very wide
net.

As it is, this is just a particularly wasteful spam.

> corduroys, a bright T-shirt and bright blue shoes. Levke is roundabout
> 1.20m tall and has shoulder-length, mid-blond hairs.

Ooh, I saw someone who looked like that at the shops today.  Maybe I should
call in and tell the police about it.  Oh wait, I'm in Australia...

May I suggest that you post this to debian-devel, where I'm sure you'll get
a lot of helpful (or at least explicitly descriptive) responses...

- Matt