lksctp-tools - Dependancy to kernel-image-2.6

Hi everybody,

I am the new maintainer of lksctp-tools, thanks to ARAKI Yasuhiro who was willing to sponsor the package.

The package entered unstable yesterday and it already got its first two bugreports, see #248571 and #248572.

The problem is, that lksctp-tools in order to work needs a recent 2.6.x kernel with SCTP support enabled. The 2.6.x kernels in Debian/unstable have this SCTP support, so I added a "Depends: kernel-image-2.6" dependency for this package. People complained that if they compile their on kernel (not the Debian way) the package is not installable and I should rather change the dependency to "Recommends" or "Suggest".
So what is the best solution to this?
In my opinion a dependency to kernel-image-2.6 is correct, because without it, it won't work. Should I change it to "Recommends" and state in the README.Debian that if people compile their own kernels they have to enable SCTP support.

Thanks for your answers in advance,
Michael

E-Mail: biebl@teco.edu
WWW: http://www.teco.edu/

TecO (Telecooperation Office) Vincenz-Priessnitz-Str.1
University of Karlsruhe 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany