Init Script for Arbitrary Number of Daemons

The "skeleton" "init.d" file is a great default for starting _one_ daemon, complete with the "$DAEMON_OPTS" variable. It's not clear, however, what this newbie package developer should do to start an arbitrary number of daemons, each with - potentially - different "$DAEMON_OPTS".

It's nice to be able to throw "$DAEMON_OPTS" into "/etc/default/package" and get get a bit more control over the daemon; but I can't think how to nicely specify an arbitrary number of "$DAEMON_OPTS" variables in a "/etc/default/package" script fragment.

I'm still searching for a solution... Input much appreciated!

Thanks!

Jack