Re: dealing with bugs in package/debian files

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 05:20:39PM +0200, Nico Golde wrote:

> should i write a personla message to the maintainer of this package so
> he can change this in his next package release or should i write a mail
> to the bts?

  Although a private mail is likely to achieve the same result I would
 sent a bug via the BTS.  Others might disagree, but it is the standard
 way of reportign all bugs in Debian.

  I find that I tend to `forget` bugs which aren't reported like this,
 as I get 95% of my spam through my @debian.org address it gets filtered
 a lot, and I find it much easier to look at the BTW pages.

Steve
--
# Debian Security Audit Project
http://www.shellcode.org/Audit/