Re: Packaging a module for apache 1 & 2 from the same source

Hi,

On Sun, 2 May 2004, Thibaut VARENE wrote:

> > You will need to build-deps on both apache-dev and apache2-*-dev (*
> > check the one you prefer). Use apxs for apache1.3 and apxs2 for apache2.
> > All the normal rules for building multiple binaries from the same source
> > applies.
>
> Well let me make myself a bit clearer.
>
> The problem is that I can't find the proper debian/rules setup (please
> define "normal rules for building multiple binaries from the same source"
> by the way, since what can be found on the net and in
> /usr/share/doc/debhelper/examples isn't very helpful) to build two
> different modules _using the same name_ (mod_musicindex.so) for apache1
> and apache2 from the same source tree.
>
> Basically, i have all .[ch] files in the source directory, and, to
> achieve two proper builds, i'd like to
>
> - build for apache1 ("make"), get a "mod_musicindex.so" for apache 1
> - install apache1 files ("dh_install", i have a
> libapache-mod-musicindex.install)
> - clean the source tree
> - build for apache2 ("make APACHE_VERSION=2"), get a "mod_musicindex.so"
> for apache 2
> - install apache2 files ("dh_install")
> - install common files ("dh_install" with separate "mod-musicindex-common"
> package).
>
> Or else get the two builds in two separate temp dirs.
>
> But i don't know how to achieve any of these.
>
> The source tarball with the modified debian/* files can be found here:
> http://www.esiee.fr/~puffin/musicindex/test.tar.gz (67KB)
>
> (apache2 stuff isn't working, as you can guess)

These kind of questions are more appropriate for debian-mentors since they
are related to normal packaging issues and not specific to apache.

(proper mailing list in CC).

Thanks
Fabio

--
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.