Re: O no. No diff.gz generated.

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 10:01:56PM +0000, n.v.t n.v.t <joefso@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I was updating my deb with a new upstream version, but this time there was
> no diff generated? I used uupdate -u ../newupstream-version.tar.gz and did
> a dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot.
 Well, never heard about uupdate, but my bet would be that the
upstream-version changed, so diff-ing could not find
package_upstream-version.orig.tar.gz to diff to -- resulting a
one-file-contains-all tarball.

> 1)
> arch-independent-package-contains-binary-or-object
 You should get the offending filename with this warning. Or re-run lintian
with the -i switch.

> # Build architecture-independent files here.
> #binary-indep: build
> # We have nothing to do by default.
>
> # Build architecture-dependent files here.
> binary-arch: build install
> # Test directory before building debian package
 Do not uncomment binary-indep ! Policy states if there's a binary
target, depending on binary-arch | binary-indep , then both target must
exists.

> (dh studff(
>
> binary: binary-arch
> .PHONY: build binary-arch binary install clean
 The second binary would be binary-indep right?

> 2)
> I'm also confused about the debian policy 12.5 - the copyright section.
>
> How would one look? I already checked the new maintainers guide, but that
> isn't upgraded  yet.
-- cut --
This package was debianized by your_name_here <your@email> on
exact_date_with_timezone_like_in_changelog.

It was downloaded from upstream_download_location.

Upstream Author(s): list_of_upstream_maintainers_with_email_if_possible

Copyright:
Short_version_if_the_full_license_is_in_base-files;
or_long_version_as_of_on_upstream's_homepage.

Link_to_Debian_stored_version_if_possible; ie:
On Debian GNU/Linux systems, the complete text of the GNU General
Public License can be found in `/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL'.
-- cut --

> Please CC me.
 Done.

Hope this helps,