Re: RFS: mpd - Music Player Daemon, and clients

Michel D?nzer <daenzer@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 11:00, Sven Luther wrote:
> > BTW, how does it compare to quark, which also has the same client/server
> > design, and which i package.
>
> I like mpd much better, e.g.
>
>       * it provides a software mixer, so I can have background music
>         while playing armagetron or bzflag or whatever :)
>       * it releases the sound device, even when only pausing
>       * it can crossfade
>       * its numerous frontends are nice
>       * the GTK frontend has a nice popup
>
> My only minor gripes with it are
>
>       * I can't seem to play the whole music collection without creating
>         a playlist, at least not with the GTK frontend
>       * the panel notification area icon of the GTK frontend doesn't
>         show a tooltip with useful information like the currently
>         playing song

I use:  mpc add ""   to add the entire collection to the playlist very
quickly, being mostly a command-line person myself.  I'm forwarding these
two feature requests for gmpc upstream :)

--
Eric Wong                normalperson@yhbt.net
Petta Technology, Inc      eric@petta-tech.com