Re: uploaded my pim project to mentors.debian.net

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 09:19:58PM -0800, Tom Ballard wrote:
>Forum:
>http://mentors.debian.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=35&sid=d33a77afe7960fb079f69e21927abb6f
>
>Also:
>http://freshmet.net/projects/pim-tb
>http://freshmeat.net/screenshots/45596/
>http://sourceforge.net/projects/pim-tb
>
>I'm working on the 1.5 version.  The package name is "pim" which is
>somewhat generic so I can call it "pim-tb" or something else you
>suggest.  But I like "pim" if you don't care.  While it would be nice
>to get a sponsor to put it in the Sid archive,

Please read [0] if you haven't done so. For one, there is no ITP record
at [1].

[0] http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html
[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=wnpp

>it's not an urgent priority for me.  So far 400 people have d/l'd it
>with 4 subscribers at Freshmeat.  My main goal is to get some eyeballs
>on it and let it cook a while longer.  So far I have no external
>feedback.  It is highly useful to me.  See GOALS, below.
>
>Info:
>Hierarchical personal data manager. Schemas and data are stored in XML.
>Uses GTK2. Designed for single users, small, personal databases.
>
>///
>
>Right now, it's a somewhat pedestrian but useful little list manager
>that implements table lookups / referential integrity, stores
>data/schemas in XML, and doesn't require a server. I use it to keep
>track of my TODO lists, Books I want, espcially useful are my Account #s
>for various companies and the address/phone on file they have for me, my
>credit card receipts, my .flag collection, and my calorie intake.
>
>When combined with xsltproc to process the data it is very powerful.
>
>Here are the GOALS I have for it:
>
>GOAL: Factor view component out of main.c.
>GOAL: Add SVG/HTML/Text-based reports.
>GOAL: Add image/media integration (Document Management) -- also
>requires versioning.
>GOAL: Add Struts-style MVC; turn into an ERP client.

Anibal Monsalve Salazar
--
 .''`.  Debian GNU/Linux      | Building 28C
: :' :  Free Operating System | Monash University VIC 3800