Re: Development packages.

* Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> [040322 21:14]:
> Pffft.  Honestly, I think that claim of end-users and local
> administrators using static libraries is rather dated and rarely the
> case these days.

I do not know, if they are used to make any programs intended for
production use any more, though I often found them very helpfull
when debugging things.
Having to recompile whole libraries just to locate some of those
ugly pointer-address relatated bugs makes those assembler near
languages like C and friends much more a pain than it has to be.

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link

--
Sendmail is like emacs: A nice operating system, but missing
an editor and a MTA.