Re: Development packages.

* Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder (avbidder@fortytwo.ch) wrote:
> On Sunday 21 March 2004 20.49, Stephen Frost wrote:
>
> > .la files shouldn't be included in anything, they're just plain broken.
>
> 940 .la files on my system. Report bugs?
[...]
> So either you don't mean that absolutely, or three's a few buggy packages out
> there.

It's the glorious brokenness that is libtool.  Basically, libtool needs
to be fixed to not use the stupid things on systems that don't need them
(like, oh, all of Debian).  I don't know that filing bug reports would
be useful until libtool is fixed because I imagine most maintainers who
havn't actually run into the problems caused by .la files will just
whine "libtool did it".

	Stephen