Re: Should I recommend "less" if I use it in some scripts?

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 01:25:47AM -0800, Number Six wrote:
> Some of the scripts I include with my package use "less" (as well as
> "sed", "tr", and "grep").  I know for a fact "less" is not installed by
> default.  (Not sure about this others).
>
> Should every little "ordinary" thing like less be included in my
> Recommends?  It's surely not germane to the package, but if it's not
> there, these little scripts will break.

Why do you need less, wouldn't any pager work?

Refer to 11.4. Editors and pagers

Regards: David Weinehall
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /) Northern lights wander      (\
//  Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel   //  Dance across the winter sky //