Re: Compiling and linking libraries statically into one binary

Am Dienstag, 16. März 2004 16:08 schrieb Geert Stappers:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 03:55:44PM +0100, Michael Koch wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >

> > I just try to re-package cpyhesis-cpp to link two upstream
> > libraries staticly. This means I have three upstream tarballs and
> > want to generate one debian package from them. I just got no idea
> > and no hint on the web on how to do it. I already get it working to
> > compile cyphesis-cpp from tarball-in-origtarball. I just need to
> > know how to build the two libraries from
> > tarball-in-same-origtarball. I tried using cdbs as build system but
> > this doesnt seem to support this with its current versions of
> > tarball.mk and autotools.mk.
> >
> > Can someone give me a hint on this ?
>
> On this list there was recently the hint use Build-Depends: for
> a simular problem.

Well, perhaps I havent described the issue good enough. I just want to
link two libraries staticly that are in newer/incompatible versions in
Debian archive already. The next major release of cyphesis-cpp will use
the newer libs in debian archive again. I just want make this
installable while we wait for the next major release in about a year or
later. I thought adding the upstream tarballs to the orig.tarball would
be a good idea to not need to package an old version of two libraries
that will only be needed by one package for limited time.

Hopefully this clears the clouds a bit.

Michael