packaging siefs

Hello.

I would like to package SieFS (virtual filesystem for accessing memory
of Siemens mobiles). It's related to #238314

It depends on FUSE (Filesystem in USErspace), which is distributed in
Debian as source file which should be compiled by users.

And now I'm pretty confused... how could I prepare package which depends
on something which should be compiled by users themselves?

What should be Build-Depends header for such packages?
Is it at all possible to package such programs?
SieFS's configure script is searching for FUSE during compilation.

Or maybe should I build it as source package the same way as FUSE?

I'm thinking about rebuild of fuse against latest kernel-tree, and
distribute it as additional modules, but that's my future plans, and
I intend to contact with FUSE's maintainer with that.

I'll be very thankful for any comments, and suggestions.
Or maybe you can point out some packages that are similar, and are
already packaged in Debian.

By the way. How long should I wait for accepting my packages by
ftp-masters? I was told that it could takes up to seven days, but I'm
waiting a bit longer right now.

For makeself, I am waiting now 10 days.
For netpanzer it's 6 days now, so I'm not getting impatient yet ;)

regards
fEnIo
--
      _     Bartosz Feński aka fEnIo | mailto:fenio@o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40
    _|_|_    32-050 Skawina - Głowackiego 3/15 - w. małopolskie - Polska