Re: RFS: ckermit -- a serial and network communications package

> That is a real shame, I would love to see ckermit move into main. Can you let
> us know what they need that cannot be satisfied by one of the approved
> licenses?

There were various minor problems they were willing to address (eg the
requirement to sent modifications upstream), but the central problem
is that the kermit project depends on license revenue from the big
commercial unix vendors that ship ckermit with their OSs, and there
appears to be no way to preserve that and be DFSG-free.

See:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/debian-legal-200401/msg00171.html

Ian.

--
Ian Beckwith - ianb@nessie.mcc.ac.uk - http://nessie.mcc.ac.uk/~ianb/
GPG fingerprint: AF6C C0F1 1E74 424B BCD5  4814 40EC C154 A8BA C1EA