Re: RFS: pdfmerge

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 12:33:39AM +0100, Philipp Gortan wrote:
> >The proper place for the script (after doing things right) is
> >ghostscript upstream. Take a look at pdf2ps and try to get your program
> >next to that. There's no reason to produce packages for a one liner.
>
> ok, so we know the opinion of Thomas, what does the rest of you think?
> Should it go into gs-common and the like?
> Or is it package-able on its own?

If, as I've discerned from the discussions going on here, pdfmerge is a
trivial script which does one small thing, it should be alongside other
ps/pdf management scripts such as ps2pdf, pdf2ps, ps2ps, and so on.  There
is no reason to package a single script as a separate package.  When the
debian patch is bigger than the program, you've got problems.

- Matt