Re: RFS: pdfmerge

Philipp Gortan <gortan@chello.at> schrieb:

> Hi mentors,
>
> I packaged pdfmerge and would be happy to get it included into the
> Debian distribution.
> pdfmerge is a simple perl script used to merge multiple PDF files into a
> single output file, using ghostscript.
>
> program:  pdfmerge
> version:  1.0
> homepage: http://pdfmerge4unix.sf.net/
> Author:   Didier F. B. Casse
>
> I created the package (it's lintian and linda-clean), you can find
> them at http://mr.technikum-wien.at/~mephinet/pdfmerge/ .

- You haven't filed an ITP bug yet

- Why does your package have version 0.1-3, while upstream is using
  version 1.0 with some minor version number of -2?

- README and NEWS are not really needed (the content of README is in
  copyright, NEWS just says there's an (alien-ed) Debian package...).

- When building the binary package, there are two warnings:

dh_gencontrol
dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${shlibs:Depends}
dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${misc:Depends}

  I guess you should resolve these. You shouldn't need shlibs:Depends
  for a simple perl script, anyway.

- There are unnecessary calls to debhelper commands in debian/rules,
  e.g. dh_installdebconf. Please delete these.

Regards, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie