Re: Multi-person sponsorship

Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 08:23:05AM +0000, Thomas Viehmann wrote:
> > > It'll probably be more timely and less bandwidth intensive to track -changes...
> > Well, I mostly have Packages/Sources for unstable available. In my book, I prefer
> > parsing those over automatically processing email. Also, it doesn't matter if you
> > miss a batch of stuff or things like this.
>
> The timeliness issue still lurks, though.  If I update Packages daily,
> that's up to 24 hours when a package is in that it's being advertised as not
> being in.  Tracking -changes gets things more quickly (although there is, I
> guess, the issue of NEW uploads, which are going to suck either way).
>
> - Matt

Get access to accepted/autobuild, like the buildds and wanna-build
have. Combining that with the main archives packages file you get an
hourly update of what will go ino debian or already is.

As advantage of that i see:

1. for each package on your list you run grep-dctrl over the packages
file, trivial to script and to parse.

2. if something goes wrong and a package is missed the next scan will
show it. A lost or missparsed changes mail would need manual
intervention.

MfG
        Goswin