Re: RFS: sponsor for pftp package.

Hi Francisco!

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 12:12:56AM +0100, Francisco García wrote:
> The debian package called pftp is actually orphan,
> (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=206119).
>
> I have package this software, and i'm looking for a sponsor for it.
i just looked at your url below and have some things to complain:
  - don't build it as a native package, use orig.tar.gz and diff.gz
  - use Standards-Version: 3.6.1 instead of 3.5.8
  - fixup debian/copyright
    +It was downloaded from http://www.pfpt.de
    s/pftpt/pftpd/
  - fixup debian/init.d
    +# skeleton     example file to build /etc/init.d/ scripts.
    well.. you know
    +  #reload)
    you know that too
  - fixup debian/rules
    +#      dh_installpam
    remove anything you don't need

why didn't you use pftp-1.1.6-0.1 from pool/main/p/pftp as base?

what's about bug #110358 ? does the bug exist? is the patch valid?
why not using it?

> I hope that someone wants to sponsor it.
well.. in this current state.. probably not.

fix up the stuff above and i'll take another look on it.

> Thank you.
welcome.

btw: take a closer look on the new-maintainer-guide. there are a lot of
hints about things you got a little bit wrong.

btw2: a name like '.orig-1.tar.gz' should ring bells awaking
tut-anch-amun or someone old like him :)

btw3: if you need a further hint for some of the things above go ahead
and write me on- or offlist, just as you like.

cu, ms

- Michael Schiansky  -  michael@schiansky.de -