Re: Looking for sponsor for Gnosis-Utils, pure python package

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 09:23:27AM +0000, Thomas Viehmann wrote:
>Magnus Therning (magnus@therning.org) wrote:
>... gnosis-utils ...
>
>Two item's:
>- Where's the package?

Silly me, it's available here:

http://magnus.therning.org/gnosis/
http://magnus.therning.org/gnosis/gnosis-utils_1.1.0-1_all.deb

>- What do you have to say about the License?
>  The information you give in the ITP doesn't correspond well to
>  <http://www.gnosis.cx/download/gnosis/doc/LICENSE> which
>  seems to spell non-free to me. Also, they might want to clarify the
>  public domain stuff.

Well, from my reading of the license, and my inspection of the source
code, all but some articles are Public Domain. I am making sure this is
correct. If this is so (all python source in PD), then it would be
acceptable for Debian?

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/

Simple, clear purpose and principles give rise to complex and intelligent
behavior. Complex rules and regulations give rise to simple and stupid
behavior.
     -- Dee Hock