Re: RFS: hatari

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 08:13:22PM +0100, Marco Herrn wrote:
> I put a new version of hatari online:
>    deb http://mherrn.de/debian/hatari/ unstable main
>    deb-src http://mherrn.de/debian/hatari/ unstable main
>
> Now there is a manpage included and a menu entry.
> But lintian still gives the following warnings:
>
> W: hatari source: newer-standards-version 3.6.0
> W: hatari source: newer-standards-version 3.6.0
> W: hatari source: configure-generated-file-in-source config.log
> W: hatari source: configure-generated-file-in-source config.status
>

> What is this thing with the standards version? In debian/control it was
> automatically created by dh_make. And I have the latest lintian from
> unstable installed. So what is wrong here?

yes you should update standards-version to the latest policy (see ls -la
/usr/share/doc/debian-policy/upgrading-checklist.txt.gz )

> And to the config.[log|status]. I put the lines
>   rm -f config.log
>   rm -f config.status
> into the clean rule of debian/rules. When calling 'debian/rules clean'
> they are removed. But when building the package they aren't removed.
> What can be the problem here?

be sure to call dh_make -k in the debian/rules install target, this will
hopefully remove config.log and config.status

hope this helps,
filippo
--
Filippo Giunchedi
GNU/PG key: 6B79D401

Each new user of a new system uncovers a new class of bugs.
-- Brian W. Kernighan