Re: RFS: Scorched3D Sponsor wanted

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 16:27:43 +0100, Tom wrote:
> My packages, including orig., diff, dsc are at:
>
> http://nox.lemuria.org/debian/
>
> These packages have gone through several iterations now, and the most
> recent ones should be good, except maybe for some minor things I
> missed, which I would be glad to have pointed out. It builds cleanly in
> pbuilder.

I tried to install the packages on my system (debian testing), but there are
some problems:

The binary does not create the dir /usr/share/doc/scorched3d/html
giving me an error message.

After installing both packages I get this error:

mmayer@ernie:~$ scorched3d
Scorched3D - Version 36.2 (ae) : Error: This game requires the Scorched3D
data directory to run.
Your machine does not appear to have the Scorched3D data directory in
the same directory as the scorched.exe file.

If Scorched3D does not run please re-install Scorched3D.
mmayer@ernie:~$

strace shows an attemt to open the file
/usr/local/games/scorched3d/data/autoexec.xml
As a workaround I use a symlink:
mmayer@ernie:/usr/local/games$ ln -s /usr/share/scorched3d .

The game claims to need at least 24 bit color, unfortunatly I'm using only
16 bit modes. Is it possible to change this?

README is duplicated in /usr/share/scorched3d

  Michael