Re: Call for sponsor for crystallographic software

ralf@deres-mueller.de schrieb:

> Hello,
>
> I am the author of tk-brief and lingx
>
> http://www.deres-mueller.de/tk_Brief

Why do you list this - do you want the package uploaded, too? Have you
talked to the current maintainer of tk-brief in Debian?

> http://www.deres-mueller.de/LinGX
>
> and am searching for a sponsor for checking and uploading my debian
> package for lingx.

You don't provide the orig.tar.gz, diff.gz and dsc files. The *.deb
won't be of much help. Also, as far as I can see, none of the programs
suggested as "important requirements" are available in Debian. I fear it
wouldn't make much sense to have lingx, but non of it's dependencies.

Third, if you want to get a sponsor, you should always paste the short
and long description of your package, to make it clear what it's all
about. Furthermore, ask for sponsors at places where you expect people
that might use your software. Since there's no special Debian "Science"
place, you might be lucky at debian-med - they are at least interested
in molecular structures and graphics.

Please have a look at

http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html

Viel Glück, Frank