Re: cpufreqd braindamaged versions

On Sunday 04 January 2004 19:41, Mattia Dongili wrote:
> I packaged cpufreqd version 1.1-rc1 and called it 1.1-rc-1, now 1.1 is
> out...

If you use an epoch to solve this problem, you will be stuck with it forever.
I urge you to avoid this if you can.  (You can.)

> the less ugly debian version name I found is *1.1.final-1*. Is it ok or
> has anybody a better suggestion?

What about simply 1.1.0-1?

Either one is certainly better than an epoch.  This way, when 1.2 is released,
you can go back to simply using 1.2-1.

For your next set of RC packages, you might use a scheme such as
1.1.90+1.2rc1 or something that will evaulate as less than 1.2, but I'm sure
you've already figured that out. =)

Cheers,
nate

--