Re: package xsok

Hi again Carlos!

Carlos Parra Camargo <carlospc@gmail.com>:
> If you want to have a look:
>   http://carlospc.homelinux.org/debian/xsok/

debian/copyright:
 - Update or remove "Current Debian maintainer:" field
 - Download source isn't reachable, try an other one, like:
   http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/historic-linux/ftp-archives/tsx-11.mit.edu/Oct-07-1996/sources/usr.bin.X11/xsok-1.02-src.tar.gz
   (or a shorter one ;-)
   You could ask ibiblio.org for updateing its
 ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/games/strategy/xsok-1.01-src.tar.gz

 - Contained XPMs stand under BSD-like license, not GPL, see ./etc/COPYRIGHT.xpm
   I think copyright file should reflect this, although relicensing (under GPL)
   is also ok.

debain/control:
 - As the new maintainer you should change "Maintainer:" field
 - For a "Build-Depends" on debhelper >= 4.xx you should set compat level to 4:
   * remove line "export DH_COMPAT=3" from debian/rules
   * and do in debian/:
     $ echo 4 >compat

debian/changelog:
 - In addition to my former mail you should mention that you updated
   "Standards-Version:" field to 3.6.1.
 - mention all changes above

During a buid run comes up:
dh_installmanpages: This program is deprecated, switch to dh_installman.

It seems like a dead project, are you fit enough with the source code to deal
with any future bug, especially not package specific ones?

Kindly regards,
Erik

--
 Bitte keine HTML-E-Mails! No HTML mails, please! Limit: 100 kB *