Re: debian bug #217571 : mediawiki package

* Ashar Voultoiz [Sat, 18 Dec 2004 13:22:10 +0100]:

> Hello,

> I am a developper for MediaWiki ( http://www.mediawiki.org/ ) the php
> wiki engine used by the free online encyclopedia Wikipedia.

> I noticed the package wnpp got a bug against mediawiki ( #217571 ) and
> that packaging is ongoing for more than 400 days. So this morning I
> created a package using the lastest beta (1.4beta3).

  hi Ashar,

    I'm afraid you overlooked the fact that #217571 was merged with
    #276057. the '400 days' figure is a little misleading, since 400
    days passed since the package was *requested*.

    if you have a look at #276057, you'll see that is much more recent
    (October 11th).

    I'm CC'ing #276057 and Evan Prodromou (who filed the ITP), so that
    he becomes aware of this message and perhaps you can coordinate
    efforts (or he may even interested in sponsoring if we didn't have
    time to start packaging).

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud: after a
while, you realize the pig is enjoying it.