Re: shared libraries

martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> schrieb:

> also sprach Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> [2004.12.07.1937 +0100]:
>> As I understood it, this is exactly the situation Justin is in.
>
> Also read the LD_LIBRARY_PATH document.

The second URL you gave? The citation is from there.

> Instead of setting
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH, I'd rather suggest calling the linker directly.

As I understood it, the procedure is like this:

- the library (libos) is compiled and created
- the SPP compiler is compiled, using libos as a shared library
- All the other tools are compiled,  using the SPP

And it is this last step in which the shared library needs to be used,
while it is still not installed. How could a linker call help here?

Regards, Frank

--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich