Sincronize ITP with uploads to m.d.o?

Hello,

A few time ago, I've packaged ocrad for Debian. In first place, I look for it in Debian, In second place, I look for an ITP and a RFS. I found it as RFS. So, I send an ITP, I've packaged it and upload to m.d.o.
When I looked for sponsor, another person reported me that he previously had packaged it and uploaded to m.d.o. This  hadn't happened if this maintainer reported an ITP.

It would be a good solution to send a warning to the uploader about the status of this package ( It exist in m.d.o without a ITP/It exist in m.d.o with a ITP/it not exist previously in m.d.o and exist ITP/it not exist previously in m.d.o and not exist a ITP)

What do you think about this?
---
Miguel Gea Milvaques <debian@miguelgea.com>