RFS: emacs-manual-ru

>"Ilya M. Slepnev" <ilya@cs.msu.su> schrieb:
>
>> Hi!
>> I'd like to become a DD... Can anybody sponsor me?
>
>You might be mixing things up, or just words. To become a DD, you need
>an *advocate*. To maintain packages in Debian as a non-DD, you need a
>sponsor - and most people are sponsored maintainers for a while before
>applying to become a DD (and often one of their sponsors is their
>advocate, then).

Sorry, for little misunderstanding... Now I'm indeed seeking only a
sponsor. And in future, may be, i'll ask him to become my advocate.

>> So, here is a small,
>> but very usefull package. You see, it is very useful for
>> russian-speaking people to read documentation in their native language.
>> If there is emacs-manual-ja, then why can't it be emacs-manual-ru?
>
>Great! I won't sponsor it, because I couldn't even read it - maybe the
>debian-l10n-russian mailing list is a good place to find a sponsor.

Hm. Thanks. I'll send a copy there.

>> It was marked as bug #188311 in wnpp. It can be downloaded at:
>>
>> http://kastalia.cs.msu.su/debian/emacs-manual-ru_20.7-1_i386.deb
>
>You have to provide the orig.tar.gz, diff.gz and dsc files, in order to
>allow possible sponsors to review the package.

Surely... Thank you for this comment. Files are available at:

 http://kastalia.cs.msu.su/~khext/debian/emacs-manual-ru/

>> Upstream source is available at:
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnu-doc-ru/
>>
>> The package is, surely, distributed under GPL, more information about
>> this wonderfull package is available at:
>
>This is very interesting from a legal point of view. The english Emacs
>manual is under GFDL which is non-free, at least in its current
>version. Do you, or does anybody know how the FSF came to allow the
>translation to be licensed under GPL? There's no information on that in
>the tarball.

Nope. This is a documentation, version 20.7... At that time it was
distributed via GPL.

>Regards, Frank
>--=20
>Frank K&#252;ster
>Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Z&#252;rich
>Debian Developer

Sincerly yours, Ilya.