Re: Files from conffiles not being installed

The connfile (like httpd.conf) should be installed as a normal file to
/etc/.  There should be a file in debian/ (DEBIAN/, really) which is
called 'conffiles' which lists the conffiles.  Those files are
"automatically" handled by dpkg.  Users are prompted iff they have
changed the original conffile *and* the conffile is being updated.

You should also check out /usr/lib/dpkg/ (esp. *.conffiles).  Make
sure that your conffile is getting copied there.

Justin