Re: [SoftwareSuspend-devel] RFS: hibernate

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I haven't been reading my
Debian or swsusp mail for a while.

Erich Schubert wrote:

> i'll be sponsoring this upload.

Thanks Erich.

> Cameron, i'm doing the following changes to your package, please tell
> me if that is okay so i can upload for you:

> - rename package to "hibernate-script" to keep it consistent with
> upstream naming

I'm not too sure about this.  For one, it could (potentially) confuse
people who are already using my unofficial packages.  Also, the
-script part of the name seems to not fit in very well with the name
of other Debian packages.

Bernard, since you wrote (and named) the script, do you have an
opinion on this either way?  Also, if it's going into the Debian
archive soon, do you want to commit the mawk fixes and release 0.99?
(There are a few bug fixes sitting in svn at the moment.)

> - removed kernel-patch-swsusp suggestion. we don't know if this will
> ever exist, if it will be named so (and not swsusp2) or if swsusp2
> will just be merged into 2.6

Yup, I've been meaning to do that myself.  It's probably also an idea
to remove the Recommends: grub.  I'd also add console-tools and vlock
as Recommends: because they are needed for the console screen locking
scriptlet.

> Is the dependency on dash needed?

No.  But it's faster :-)  You can kill that dependency and keep the
first line of the script as #!/bin/sh if you prefer.

Regards,

Cameron.