Re: Lintian warning bug?

On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 02:28:30PM +0200, Frank K?ster wrote:
> Brian Sutherland <jinty@web.de> schrieb:
> No, I think it is a bug to use python in the config script.

Hm, good catch. Indeed.

> Please read Policy 7.2. You would need a pre-depends on python, and I
> doubt that this is a valid case for a pre-depends.

Even pre-depends doesn't help, as the config script is run without ANY
guarantee about available dependencies (debconf excluded), except
essential stuff. Pre-Depends does work however for preinst, and indeed,
this is most likely not a good reason for a pre-depends.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl