Re: RFS: spampd - a SpamAssassin based SMTP/LMTP scanning proxy daemon

On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 03:16:03PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > Are there any Spamassassin based SMTP proxies which can do per-user
> > bayesian filtering?  I've been looking for just such a beastie, but no
> > luck so far... :-(
>
> amavisd-new.

Actually, I set that up about 2 weeks ago (largely because it already
has a SELinux policy written, which simplifies things considerably for
yours truly ;-).  Unless I'm greatly misunderstanding things, however,
it uses a single bayes store (under /var/lib/amavis/.spamassassin) for
everyone.  What I'm looking for is a SMTP proxy which allows each user
to have their own bayes database.

I originally tried configuring postfix to do per-user filtering via
spamc/spamd directly (using the "-u" spamc option), but that setup has a
number of issues which make it undesirable.