Re: RFH lintian too hush

On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 05:10:21PM +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 12:09:10PM +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
> > I'm surprised that your lintian procedures more information then mine.
> > According to packages.qa.debian.org is the most recent version 1.23.2,
> > I use that version also. The linda program does report also
> > the missing manpage, but not the permissions on directories warning.
> >
> > Which tool do I have to use to make these warnings visible?

lintian

> According the manual page of lintian is there a check for "huge /usr/share".
> Conglomerate 0.7.14-1[1] is about 1.4 Mb with a 1.2Mb /usr/share,
> but lintian didn't complain about that huge /usr/share.
> IMNSHO it makes sense to at least warn about a u.s. of more one megabyte.
>
> Did I use lintian incorret
> or is it triggered at a larger /usr/share ?
> (then please tell me at which size )

Please tell use HOW you use lintian if you want to know IF you used it
incorrect, I cannot magically see how you use lintian.

Regarding this check, see /usr/share/lintian/checks/huge-usr-share, and
note that due to its new, experimental nature, it is only displayed when
you enable informative checks, by means of lintian -I.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl