Debian Packaging Question

Hi all,
I have upgraded the automake to 1.7.9 and that took care of some the errors
but
when i try to generate the Makefile through the configure command it gives me an error saying saying that the script file is not found which is mainboard.py .
 Which i think due to a path that it did not find or one of the settings related to the source directories and the destination directories.
     My package is based on a single Python script that i am using.
  Is there any one who can help me on that.
Regards,
Amr