Re: How to remove ITP from debian.org?

* Lawrence Williams [Thu, 26 Aug 2004 23:26:25 -0230]:
> Hi,

> I would like to remove two ITP:, namely python2.3-lame and lsongs. I
> want to remove python2.3-lame because it depends on LAME, which has
> patent issues. LSongs needs to be removed too because the current
> version depends on python2.3-lame.

> It is pointless to leave them open, since neither package can ever be
> released. Should I just close the bugs or is there something else I
> should do?

  just closing the bugs with the above explanation should suffice. (if
  the reasons were others, e.g. lack of time, it could make sense IMO to
  retitle the ITPs to RFPs, but it's not the case.)

  cheers,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

We may not return the affection of those who like us, but we always
respect their good judgement.