Re: RFS: zmanim and qtzmanim

On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 11:02:31PM -0700, Ken Bloom wrote:
>On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 01:29:57PM +1000, Anibal Monsalve Salazar wrote:
>>On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 04:56:23PM -0700, Ken Bloom wrote:
>>>I'm looking for sponsors for three small packages that I have written
>>>myself:
>>>
>>>  Package: qtzmanim
>>>  Version: 1.0.7
>>>   This program calculates the zmanim (times for Jewish rituals)
>>>   according to the GR"A opinion. This is a GUI version using QT.

qtzmain doesn't build when I run pbuilder on its source package:

/usr/bin/make CXX=g++-3.2 CC=gcc-3.2
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/buildd/qtzmanim-1.0.7'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/share/qt3/mkspecs/linux-g++/qmake.conf', needed by
`Makefile'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/buildd/qtzmanim-1.0.7'

I'll send you the pbuilder log file.

qtzmanim is not a debian native package. You should have used 1.0.7-1
as package version and rename qtzmanim_1.0.7.tar.gz as
qtzmanim_1.0.7.orig.tar.gz

You, as author must have a copyright statement of your own. You must
then refer to that copyright statement in debian/copyright. See
[6][7].

Please read [8] and change your description in debian/control.
Include the upstream homepage in the description. See [9].

Please remove all the commented out debhelper commands in
debian/rules.

There is no ITP listed at [2]. See [3] about that. Remember to close
the ITP in debian/changelog.

There is a reference to a non-existant bug, #967890 in
debian/changelog.

Please read [0][1][5].

[0] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/
[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/
[2] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=wnpp
[3] http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/
[4] http://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control
[5] http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html
[6] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2003/12/msg00007.html
[7] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/12/msg00194.html
[8] http://people.debian.org/~walters/descriptions.html
[9] http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-best-pkging-practices.en.html#s-bpp-upstream-info

>>>  Package: zmanim
>>>  Version: 1.0.6
>>>   This program calculates the zmanim (times for Jewish rituals)
>>>   according to the GR"A opinion.

Fix this linda problems:

W: zmanim; Package switches from non-native to native version number.
 This package is switching from a native to a non-native (or the
 converse, non-native to native) version number. This may have
 undesired effects, and may not be what you want. On the other hand,
 this may be a known change, in which case, I can be ignored.
E: zmanim; Description contains multiple spaces.
 The description contains multiple spaces, which is probaby unsightly,
 and bad practice.

I'll send you the pbuilder log file as well.

And all my comments about qtzmanim also apply to zmanim.

>>>[my incorrect kabloom.dnsalias.com url snipped]
>>
>>Where are the .dsc, .diff.gz and .orig.tar.gz files? I can only find
>>the .changes and .deb files at:
>>
>>http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~bloom/
>
>I'm not sure why they disappeared, but they're back now.
>And thanks for noticing that I got the URL wrong.

Feel free to ask to the list again.

Anibal Monsalve Salazar
--
 .''`. Debian GNU/Linux      | Building 28C
: :' : Free Operating System | Monash University  VIC 3800  Australia