RFD: take over packages

Hi,

 I was writing to Ivo Timmermans[1] that I would like to continue with some
of his packages, as he has not updated them for a while. They are music
players (mean: binary, libs) for C64 music formats, ie: SID emulator.
He said it is OK for him, but when I have updated the packages, fixed bugs,
uploaded to mentors.debian.net, I have lost contact with him. In this
scenario, given the facts that Sarge is coming, and I have fixed FTBFS
bugs with gcc 3.4, would it be a good reason to ask an other DD to
upload the packages? I do not want to hijack them, but I don't want to
sit tight and just see that the packages are not fixed for Sarge. :(
What do mentors think about this?

Thanks,
Laszlo/GCS
[1] ivo@debian.org