RFS(2): kimdaba - KDE tool for indexing, searching and viewing images by keywords

Dear Mentors,

This is my second plea for a sponsor for a debian package, kimdaba.

I bet all of you have hundreds or even thousands of images on your hard drive,
collected since you got your first digital camera. And I'm sure that
through all these years you believed that until eternity you would be able to
remember the story behind every single picture, the names of all the persons
on your images and the exact date of every single image.

I guess you have already realized, just like I did, that this is not
possible anymore. Especially for digital images - but also for paper
images - we needed a tool to help us describe our images, and to search
in the pile of images. This is exactly what KimDaBa is all about.

This is a neat and useful piece of software, and it is not in Debian!!:)

Package description:

* Package name    : kimdaba
  Version         : 1.1
  Upstream Author : Jesper K. Pedersen <blackie@kde.org>
* URL             : http://ktown.kde.org/kimdaba/
* License         : GPL v2
  Description     : KDE tool for indexing, searching and viewing
                    images by keywords

KDE Image Database (KimDaBa) lets you index, search, group and view
images by keywords, date, locations and persons. It provides a quick and
elegant way to lookup groups of images when you have thousands of
pictures on your hard disk.

The information associated with each photo is stored in a XML file.
Together with its keywords, KimDaBa stores each picture's MD5 sum, so it
will recognize them even if you move them to another directory. KimDaBa
can also create HTML galleries with the images you select.

Source package is available from:
deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free

Complete package (source+binary) is available at:
http://www-gsi.dec.usc.es/~dave/projects/kimdaba

Package is lintian and linda clean and cleanly builds with pbuilder (sid
environment).

The ITP Bug is #227525 [1]

Any comments/suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration,

	David L. Moreno

David L. Moreno (david.lopez.moreno at hispalinux.es)
GNU/Linux
Debian SID (2.6.6-1) i686 PentiumIII