Re: working with Debian subversion sources

* Faheem Mitha <faheem@email.unc.edu> [2004-08-17 01:12:46 +0000]:

> > I've been trying to package subversion, version 1.1.0-rc2,
 I think David already started with it, as we got a request for the
package. But please note two things: we short of postponed it, as it
won't make into Sarge and David is moving back to the US of A so he does
not have an internet access for some weeks.

> > It doesn't look like David Kimdon is using svn-buildpackage.
 He does not as far as I know.

> Apparently not, after all. I see that the orig tarball is a tarball
> within a tarball. I guess that answers one of my questions. :-) I am
> still not sure why it is done that way, though.
 Simple: Subversion contains a copy of Neon and libapr0, and at least
Neon is not DFSG free and as libapr0 is pulled from the Apache2 package,
both are _removed_ for copyright reasons, or not to crush with the Apache2
libapr0.

Regards,
Laszlo/GCS