Re: sponsor for bitpim

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, liz wrote:

> Where do I start? I have the source is there a faw or howto? Ive never
> done this before :)

First, read the online docs as suggested by the other developers.

Then, have a look at existing source packages, like

apt-get source hello

and try to understand how the different files in the debian/ subdir work.

You might want to examine other packages written in Python, e.g. pms.

bitpim is quite large. The fact that it's written in Python will reduce
the burden on the ftp archive, because there's no need to build different
packages for different architectures.

For a start, you could create just one big package, and later if
you're a little more familiar with packaging, split it up into several
packages (e.g. a separate package for the online help).

Alex

--
      /"\
      \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN